Is your computer screen suddenly switched from color to black and white? Or Is your PC is displaying all the videos in black and white? Now, you might be wondering about what is the reason behind it and how to fix it. Well, you are in the right place. Here, we are going to answer your questions such as why Windows 10 goes from color to black and white and how to change the computer screen from black and white to color again. Note that, the discussion is going to be based on Windows 10. Keep reading until the end.
Why Is My Computer Screen Black And White In Windows 10?
Windows 10 has a black and white theme that facilitates visually challenged persons with better visibility. By activating it, they can see the screen better. However, sometimes you may accidentally change your screen to black and white and you might have no idea about what the hell on earth has caused it. In this case, your computer display shows everything in black and white.
Well, this problem of black and white happens when you press a couple of keys together unknowingly or accidentally. It may be the case that you have pressed the shortcut: Windows + CTRL+ C which activates the grayscale filter.
How To Change The Computer Screen From Black And White To Color: 3 Crucial Solutions
Once Windows 10 went from color to black and white, doing the basic things like updating or reinstalling the video driver or Windows version into another does not work. However, as the problem arises from a trivial mistake, the solution is also fast and easy. You can get back the lost color mode using both keyboard shortcut and mouse. Here’s the way out:
Hit the keyboard shortcut:
Windows + CTRL+ C. It deactivates Windows 10 black and white theme. Consequently, your screen returns to color mood. As it is mentioned earlier, pressing the same shortcut can reverse the process – activates the color filter. As you can guess, this shortcut can both activate and deactivate the color filters.
Also, the problem can be fixed by a mouse manually. Here’s how to do it:
1.Go to setting and open Ease of Access.
2. Next, from the column on the left, select Color and high contrast.
3. Now, you can see the switch Apply color filter on the right side of the setting window. Turn it off. That’s all.
You can do the same thing in another way. Here’s how:
- Open setting and search theme from the search bar of setting.
- Then, select high contrast settings and change the theme to none.
- Now, select apply. You may need to apply a normal theme.
I hope you can fix the problem now. So, have you got the answer to your question why is my computer screen black and white in Windows 10 and How do I change my screen from black and white to color? We think that you will reply in the affirmative, right?
Why Are My Videos On My Computer Black And White?
Well, you might have noticed that suddenly your PC is displaying all the videos in black and white. Also, you are wondering how do I get the color back on my computer screen? It may happen for various reasons. To solve the issue, Try the following processes:
- If it is a desktop, shut down it and check the monitor connection on both ends.
- Try resetting the AMD driver setting back to default.
- You have to uninstall your video driver. Then, restart your computer and let the video driver install it automatically again. Here’s how to do it:
- Hit the Windows + x key. Then, open the device manager.
- Look for the Intel controller. Right-click on it and select uninstall.
- Restart the computer. Then, go to the device manager and click on the tab action and select to search for hardware changes.
- After that, your video driver will be installed automatically.
How do I get my color back on Windows 10—this is a frequently asked question by the computer users. Also, the problem is very annoying. But no worries. You have got the way out now. Follow the simple steps and nail it. In case, one particular process does not work for you, try another. Hope you have got the answer. Good luck!