Are you concerned that someone might find what you look into on the internet and begin snooping around? or Is your Android device sluggish due to the congestion of your browsing history? Then you might consider clearing your search history.
What you search for on your Android device is your personal business. However, if someone were to look through your Android search history, that private information could become all too public. That’s one reason you should regularly clear your search history on your Android, but it’s not the only reason.
In this article, we’ll be looking at how to clear my search history on Android. So let’s jump right into it.
Clear search history on Android:
You can erase any of your browser histories if you don’t like to have the history of the web pages you’ve accessed with Google Chrome. If you erase your browser history, it would be applicable on all phones where you have enabled sync and signed in to Chrome. However, let’s follow the given steps to clear browsing history:
Step 1: At the very beginning, open your Google Chrome app on your Android device. Check if you are logging in to your account.
Step 2: Tap the three small dots in the upper-right corner of the page to access the Menu bar.
Step 3: Choose ‘History’ from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: Now, you can see the option ”Clear browsing data’, simply click on that.
Step 5: Finally, you can clear your search history according to Time range like last hour, last 24 hour, last 7 days and so on. You’ll get all this option under the Basic tab.
Step 6: In the Advanced tab you can not only clear browsing data but also cookies, cached files, saved passwords, and many more.
Step 7: We only need the Basic option; so apply till step 5 and confirm with ‘Clear data.’
How do I clear my Instagram search history?
Deleting Instagram search history is pretty easy. Follow the steps below:
Whether you are using Android or iPhone,
- First you should open up the Instagram app on your device.
- The press on the user profile icon from the bottom right corner in order to go to your profile.
- Tap on the Menu at the top right and navigate to Settings.
- Then select Security and followed by Clear Search History.
- Lastly, confirm Clear All by tapping on the Clear All button.
How to clear the browser history on your Galaxy device?
You’ll be amazed to know how easy it is to clear browser history on Galaxy devices. Follow the steps below:
- Firstly, open your Internet app on your Galaxy device.
- Then tap on the three horizontal lines Menu icon from the lower right corner.
- Now press on Settings and select Privacy.
- Further, tap on Clear browsing data and then choose your preferred settings from the drop-down menu. You can also select the time range to delete data.
- Finally press Clear data to remove all.
How do I clear my Gmail search history using Android?
Follow the steps described below to clear Gmail search history:
- Launch your Gmail app on your device in the first place.
- Following, tap on the three lined Menu icon placed left side next to the search bar.
- Now scroll down and select Settings and then General Settings.
- In the next window select the three vertical dots icon at the upper right corner of the app.
- Hence, pick Clear search history from the drop-down panel.
- You’ll get a pop-up message to ensure your action. Simply tap Clear to delete all your Gmail search history.
Does deleting history really delete?
When you delete your browser history, you are just removing the history which is locally saved on your device. Clearing the browsing history has no impact on the data saved on Google’s servers.
We are at the end of this article. Hopefully, by now you know how to clear your search history on your Android phone. The process is so easy and quick right to describe everything in a very simple manner. Now it’s your turn. Give it a try and let us know in the comment section if you face any trouble during the process. We are ready to help you anytime.