Often it happens that you record a video on your Android phone or tab and want a zoom it up. Or maybe you have downloaded a video that has black frame around it that you want to remove. Cropping the videos on computer is easy but can be quite troublesome sometimes. Rather it would be great if you could just crop them on your Android device.
Usually, people confuse cropping and trimming as the same, whereas they are two different features. Cropping refers to reducing the aspect ratio of the video in order to zoom it up or to remove the black frame that are often on the sides of videos. On the other hand, trimming means cutting off either part of the beginning or ending, or both of a video clip.
So, how to crop a video on Android? Here are some simple ways.
Know How to Reduce Video File Size Windows 10
How to Crop a Video on Android?
Unfortunately, Android does not have the cropping feature in its default video app, nor does Goggle Photos. Therefore, you have to take the help of third party video editing apps if you want to crop a video on your Android device. The good news is, there are some pretty good video editing applications out there. We will discuss the video cropping process in some of them. You can download them for free from Playstore.
1.Crop Video with Android – Video Editor App:
- Open the Androvid – Video Editor App. Tap on the video option; the left orange colored circle icon.
- Your phone’s video gallery will open up. Select a video you want to crop.
- Now on top of the editing page, scroll to the right and you will find the Crop Tap on it.
- You will see the cropping frame around the video. You can move the frame according to your liking. To remove the black area from the video side, leave the black area outside of the cropping frame. Select only the part you want to keep. Take your finger of the screen and it will be selected.
Now tap on the tick mark icon on the top right corner. The edited video will start preparing. It will take a while.
- After the editing is done, a prompt will appear asking you if you want to save it. Tap on save.
- You will see the confirmation in the next page that it has been Saved Successfully. Now play the video and see how it has turned out.
2.Crop Video with InShot – Video Editor & Video Maker
- Open the InShot – Video Editor & Video Maker Select Video from the menu on the bottom.
- Now tap on the New option
- Your video gallery will open up. Select a video.
- On the bottom, there are several features. Tap on the second feature
- Next select No Frame from the options on the bottom.
- Next press on the Crop option.
- The cropping frame around the video will come into view. Move the cropping frame around the video and select the portion you would like to keep. The aspect ratio will be seen at the bottom of the app. After selecting, tap the tick mark button right under the video on the right.
- A preview of the edited video will be shown to you. If you are satisfied, then tap the Save option on the top right corner.
- A box will come up for you to select the Quality. Select any of the three options. The video conversion will start.
- The video conversion will start. Wait a moment.
- When the conversion is done, the video will be Saved
3.Crop Video with KineMaster App:
KineMaster is quite a popular video edting app. Some complain that they cannot find the cropping option in this app. Problem solved! We will show you exactly how to crop a video with KineMaster.
- Open the KineMaster app. Tap on the middle button, the big one.
- You have to select the aspect ratio before starting the video editing project. Remember, once you choose an aspect ratio and later want to change it, you cannot do that. You have to start the whole project from the beginning again to change it.
- On the top right side, tap on Layer > Media.
- The video gallery will open up. Select the one you want to crop.
- The video will be added in the timeline. Select it and then on the top right corner, tap on the arrow icon facing the left.
- The editing menu will open up. Scroll down to find the Cropping Tap on it.
- The cropping frame will show up around the video. Now apply crop to your liking. When you are satisfied, tap on the tick mark beside the Cropping option.
- The cropped version will be visible. To save the video, tap on the Share icon on the left menu bar.
- Next choose the quality of the edited video by sliding the slider and finally press on Export to save the video. You are done!
Others Related Post:
Discover How To Play Youtube On Lock Screen Android How To Avoid Screen Turns OFF When Watching Video Android?
1. How can I crop a video on Android?
- Open the Androvid Tap on the left orange colored circle icon.
- Select a video from the video gallery.
- Scroll to the right on the top and tap on the Crop
- The cropping frame around the video will appear. Move the frame and crop the video according to your liking. Tap on the tick mark icon on the top right corner to start editing.
- Tap on Save in the next prompt.
2. Is cropping and trimming video the same?
No, cropping and trimming is not the same. Cropping refers to reducing the aspect ratio of the video in order to zoom it up or to remove the black frame that are often on the sides of videos or just to fit the screen. On the other hand, trimming means cutting off either part of the beginning or ending, or both of a video clip.
3. Can I crop a video with Google Photos app?
No, you cannot crop a video with Google Photos app. Even Android does not have the cropping feature in its default video app either. Therefore, you have to take the help of third party video editing apps if you want to crop a video on your Android device.
Well, now you know how to crop a video on Android. In this video on the go era, video editing is high on demand. If you are looking for a video cropping app for your Android, try our suggestions. Hopefully, they will be of help to you.