In everyday life, you have to use multiple operating systems to do different things on the computer. But because of the configuration of the computer, we often have problems using various operating systems. There are solutions as well. Here I am putting a detailed solution of how to install VMware on Windows 10.
Virtual Machine Technology has brought us many significant changes in this age. And VMware is the software for its control. So Virtual Machine Software, a.k.a VMware, helps us a lot in many complicated digital matters of our days. One of them is that we can use more than one operating system efficiently by installing VMware on our old operating system.
VMWare and VMWare Pro :
VMWare creates an environment to run multiple operating systems within your computer’s operating system. Its job is to prepare a computer processor, memory, storage, and more to create an environment for multiple virtual computers. The standard version of VMware is usually free.
On the other hand, VMware Pro is licensed. It must be advanced. Generally, the Pro version is faster than the standard version. In most cases, heavy-duty commercial works only need to use the Pro version.
How Does it Work :
VMWare is a virtualization software to control the hardware of the virtual machines. It actually creates a particular abstract layer on the computer hardware that prepares the hardware elements of a single computer (processor, memory, storage, etc.) for multiple virtual computers. We use it to install one or more operating systems inside an operating system.
- 64-bit x86 Processor
- 3 GHz or faster core speed
- 1 GB minimum available hard disk space for guest operating systems
- 2 GB RAM minimum( 4 GB RAM recommended )
- Windows 10,, Windows Vista,Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, Windows 8-8.1,Windows 7 Windows Server 2003, openSUSE 10.2 – 11.4, SUSE Linux 10.2 – 11 Service Pack 1, Ubuntu 8.04 -11.04, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 – 6.1, CentOS 5.0 – 6.0, Oracle Linux 5.0 – 6.1, Mandriva Linux 2008 – 2011 can be used.
How to Download & Install :
- Get the Download Link: Type VMware installation with Google search, or go to their website and download the software. Usually, the software is 500+ MB.
- Find the Installer File: You will see the downloaded file in your downloads folder. The file name is VMware-workstation-full – *. *. * – 17198959.exe.The version’s name is more likely to be in the “ *.*.* ” marked part.
- Run the Installer: Double-clicking on the installer will bring up a dialog box called User Access Control (UAC). Click on the YES Button here to continue the install process.
Click on the YES Button here to continue the install process.
You will then see the Splash screen, and you will have to wait until the initial process is complete।
- Workstation Setup Wizard: Now, you can see the VMware Workstation setup wizard dialog box. In this box, you have to click on the Next button.
- End-User License Agreement: In this step, you will see another dialog box called End User License Agreement. There will be a lot of writing that you can read. Here are their various term agreements are written.
You can read these and go to the next step by clicking on the check box of “I accept the terms in the License Agreement.”
- Custom Setup: In the dialog box for this step, you need to enter the software installation file’s location on your computer. There are also two more checkboxes; click on them and also click on the Next button.
- User Experience Settings: This step will have two more checkboxes, one of which is Check for Updates. If you want new updates to be added to your software as soon as they hit the market, you can click the checkbox.
This will help you stay updated. Check in the other check box here and click on the Next button.
- Application Shortcuts: This step will allow you to place a shortcut of your application. There will be two checkboxes; select the one you like and go to the next step.
- Installation begins: In this step, you will be asked for permission to start the main installation, and if you agree by clicking on the Install button here, the primary process will begin.
- Restarting the PC: After installation, may be asked to allow the computer to restart. In that case, it is better to restart. Then tap on Finish.
- Launch VMware Workstation: Double Click on the application shortcut, and the application will be run.
NOTE For License Keyholders: If you have a license, you have to put the code in the right place. If you don’t have any license, you can use it as a trial for 30 days.
If you can confirm this Unindota has arrived, then you will understand “VMware Player is now installed.”
This is how to install VMware Workstation in today’s article. This desktop application is really very important; such a software application is handy for an operating system learner. I don’t know of any more straightforward way to run multiple OS on a computer and use the least amount of memory processor and RAM. Hopefully, you got a nice solution on how to install VMware on Windows 10. Now, We can use such software as expected.
Frequently Asked Questions :
Is VMware free for Windows?
A: Yes, but it is only a trial for 30 days. After that, you have to use it with a paid license.
Can I install a VMware workstation on Windows 10 home?
A: Of course, it is usable. In this case, we need to install the ISO 10 files of windows 10 in our VMware.
Which version of VMware is compatible with Windows 10?
A: VMware Workstation 16 This version is compatible with your Windows 10.
Which is better, VirtualBox or VMware?
A: Both VMware Workstation and VirtualBox work well. VMware Workstation is comparatively faster than VirtualBox. VMware Workstation. VMware Workstation is basically paid after a 1-month trial, although that is not the case for all versions, and Virtual Box is open source and non-paid.
How do I get free VMware?
A: VMware vSphere, and VMware Player. These two versions are free.
Is VMware free for personal use?
A: VMware Workstation Player is free for personal work but not for commercial work.
Can I install VMware on my laptop?
A: Of course. It’s installable for all computers and laptops.
Is VMware workstation 14 players free?
A: VMware Workstation Player is free for personal use, but a license is essential for commercial use.