How would it feel when you are going to open a media file and it is not beginning through your favorite player? Again, your media file doesn’t find any player to open. However, you need to know how to make windows media player default in your windows 10.
The windows media player is one of the best media players for windows 10, and it has some cool features too. You can enjoy the video with the best quality sound and screenplay with this media player.
However, in this content, you are going to know how to set media player classic as default windows 10 and some additional tips about windows media player. So, let’s get started.
Why do you need a Default Media Player?
It’s essential to know why you need to set a default media player. Well, you need to do that because sometimes you want your favorite player to play the media file, but your file gets opened in another media player. This is very annoying. Every time in opening the media file, you need to select your media player. To get rid of this problem, you need to choose a default media player for your windows 10 operating system.
Method to Set Default Player: In Windows 10
In this method, you are going to know how you can set your windows media player or any player default in windows 10. So, let’s start.
Step 1:Go to Settings
In this step, you need to press your windows to key from keyboard or click on the windowsicon in the bottom left corner of your desktop. From there, click on the SETTINGS icon.
Step 2: Apps Settings
Now from the menu, you should click on the app settings, and a new page will arrive.
Step 3: Default Apps
From the left side of your computer screen, you will select Default Apps, and on the right side, you will see a list of default apps.
Step 4: Select the Default Video Player
Now click on the default video player option, and a new pop up menu will appear. From that menu, you need to select your media player to make it default. Do this for your music file also.
Step 5: Done
You are done with this! Now, all the media files will open in windows 10 media player as it is set to default.
If you don’t have windows media player download, then you need to download it and install it to your windows 10. The installation process is straightforward, and you can do it by yourself.
Method to Set Default Player: In Windows 8 and 8.1
Now in this method, we’ll know about the technique of setting Windows Media Player default in windows 8 or 8.1. The procedure for windows 8 and 8.1 both are the same. So, follow the steps.
Step 1: Select the File
Firstly, you need to select the media file that you are going to open. Make sure that you have the latest version of windows media player available in your pc.
Step 2: Open With
In this step, you need to open the file by right click on it and select Open with option. You will find your media players there.
Step 3: Select and Click OK
At the bottom of the media player list, you will find an option to choose another app for your media player opening. Select the option and set windows media player as a default media player. Make sure that you have checked the box at the bottom.
This is the easiest way to set windows media player default in windows 8 or 8.1.
How to install Windows Media Player?
– Windows media player will be on your Windows OS by default. If you see that somehow the media player isn’t in your pc, then you can download and install it. You can go to this official site to download the player. The installation process is also easy to do, and you need to follow the instruction of that site.
Which Media player is suitable for windows 10?
– It depends on you that what kind of quality you can please you. But, the windows media player is one of the best media players so far for me. So, you can also enjoy the latest version of windows media player for windows 10.
How do I change my default media player in windows 7?
– First, go to the search box of windows seven and type there “set default.” You will find there “Set your default programs” and click on it. After that, click on the windows media player and make it default for every media file.
In this segemnt, I will talk about some hacks about windows media default. I hope you will enjoy them.
- You can make your media player stable in your taskbar at the bottom. To do so, you should open the file once, and it will appear on the taskbar. Then, from the taskbar, you need to right-click on the icon and select “pin to taskbar” and boom! The apps are added to the taskbar.
- To open a new media file by the particular media player, you need to drag that file to the taskbar and drop it to the pinned media player.
- You select multiple media files to open one after another, just like anime series episodes. To do so, select them by Pressing “Ctrl+ Mouse click.” Open the media files with your desired media player, and they will start to play one after another according to the selection.
The media player is a necessary app to watch videos or listening to music. A media player can help you to spend the day with great movies. Again you can learn many tutorials from videos with the help of the media player. So, selecting a media player is very important and make it a default player.
I hope that you have understood the methods of setting the default media player in windows 10 and windows 8. However, by following this method, you can make any media player as a default player in your windows operating system.