Most times your recorded videos are large in size, which in result becomes hard to upload. Small size videos can be uploaded in no time. Therefore, it would be great if you could reduce video file size without losing quality, wouldn’t it? It would make your life much more uncomplicated.
One thing we have to admit that videos are one of the most important parts of this day and age. They are everywhere. You are travelling, you are recording the memories; you are celebrating an occasion, you are recording the happy moments. Videos are created for professional and educational purposes as well.
When you are a regular video uploader, you need simple and easily operated video editors so that you can reduce video file size without hassle. So, if you are looking for the answer to how to reduce video file size Windows 10, we have it sorted out for you.
How to Reduce Video File Size Windows 10
Nowadays most online education courses are based on recorded lectures. Professionals make videos on career based speeches, businessmen advertise their product through videos; the list is endless. These videos are published on social media, different websites and Youtube. Various applications and even gmail are being used as platforms to send videos to the recipients. Thus, compressing video has become much needed.
Previously Windows users could simply use Windows Movie Maker for video editing. However, with Microsoft stopping its support on Windows Movie Maker, it has officially become unavailable for download. This means those who do not already have it, can no longer use it. So, how to reduce video files Windows 10? Let’s have a look at the tools that you can use to reduce video files Windows 10.
1:Windows 10 Photos App:
Fortunately, Windows 10 users don’t even need Windows Movie Maker. Microsoft has released Windows 10 with a built-in video editor tool which is a part of the Photos app. You can reduce video file size with its help.
- Go to the search menu > write Video Editor. The Video editor tool within the Photos app will show up. Open it.
- Inside, click on New video project > name the video. Click OK.
- Click +Add to add the video you want to edit > Click Place in storyboard or drag it to place in the
- Now select the video on the storyboard. Look for Finish video at the extreme right corner on the top. Click on it.
- A prompt will show up. There will be three options for your video file size- 1. Quickest upload, best for email and small screen, 2. Best for sharing online, and 3. Longest upload, best for big screen. You can choose any of the first two options to reduce your file size that fits your purpose best.
2:VLC Media Player:
VLC Media Player is one of the most used media players. The good news is it can not only play videos but also can edit videos. To reduce video file size with VLC Media Player do the following-
- Open the VLC player. From the top click Media > Convert / Save.
- In the next pop up, click Add to add the video you want to reduce the file size of from your file folder.
- After adding the video the video file name will appear in the box. Click Convert / Save at the bottom.
- In the next page, click on the drop down arrow on the box beside Profile to select the video profile. The first one most chosen as it is supported in all media players and online video platforms.
- Now click Browse to select the destination folder, meaning where you want to save the edited video. Hit Save.
- VLC will start creating the new reduced file size video. It will take some time to finish the task. Wait patiently.
- After the task is done, go to your destination folder and you should see the new edited video there. Compare the file size of the original video and the new edited video.
Some Other Ways to Reduce video File Size Windows 10
There are also some other third party apps other than VLC Media Player. One of the popular ones is Handbrake software. You can also reduce the file size of your video online. Websites such as videosmaller.com, youcompress.com, clideo.com give you the facility to edit videos for free.
Others Related Post:
1. How can I reduce video file size without losing quality Windows 10?
- Go to the search Write Video Editor
- Inside, click on New video project > name the video. Click
- Click +Add to add the video you want to edit > click Place in
- Now select the video on the storyboard. Click Finish video at the extreme right corner on the top.
- In the prompt, choose any of the first two options to reduce your file size that fits your purpose best.
2. How can I reduce video file size online?
Answer: Websites such as videosmaller.com gives you the facility to edit videos for free.
- Go to videosmaller.com from your website.
- Click Browse to select the video you want to edit from your file folder.
- Then click Upload Video on the web page. The video will start converting after being uploaded.
- Download the converted small size video. Delete your file from the server.
3. How do I compress video without losing quality?
- Click Media > Convert / Save on the VLC top menu bar.
- Click Add to add the video you want to reduce the file size of from your file folder.
- The video file name will appear in the box. Click Convert / Save at the bottom.
- Next, click on the drop down arrow on the box beside Profile and select the first video profile.
- Now click Browse to select the destination folder.
- VLC will start creating the new reduced file size video.
Hopefully, this article has answered your question on how to reduce video file size windows 10. If you are a Windows 10 user, you don’t really need any third party app. Try the built-in Video Editor app. As a Windows 10 user, you have everything you need in the Video editor app to edit videos.