Sometimes, you record videos by your Smartphone; you see it I correctly oriented. But when you export it to your PC, you find that the orientation is not correct. Then, you might be thinking about how to rotate a video in windows 10?
You can do it with a couple of methods in windows 10 by using built-in apps like Photos app or other third-party apps. And you do not need to retake the video. In this article, I will show you how to rotate your video simply and quickly.
So, follow this article to the end and rotate your video as your wish.
Why do you need to rotate videos?
At a conference or in a show, you want to give an excellent presentation. But your video can be a cause of disturb for the lack of perfect orientation. Moreover, while recording your smartphone videos, you may not pay attention to the angle of your video. And when you see them with your family members or friends, it will create an odd situation. So, if you rotate your video at a perfect angle, you can get rid of these problems.
Method 1: With Video Editor in Photos app.
Step 1: Open Video Editor
Click on the windows icon and type ‘video editor.’ And a default app will appear named Video Editor. Click on it to open this app. This app is a part of the Photos app. You can go to the video editor through the Photos app. For this, type ‘photos’ and open it.
In the top right corner, you will see the “New Video” option. Click on it and select “New Video project” to go to the Video Editor.
Step 2: Import video
To import your video, you will find the “+ADD” button on the top left corner. Click on it, and you will see some options from where you want to import your video.
Step 3: Place in Storyboard
After adding your video in the Project Library window, you need to add it to the Story Board. You may simply drag and drop the video on the Story Board at the bottom of the screen. Or, click on “Place in the storyboard” located on the left side of the “+ADD” button in the project library window.
You will see the preview of the video on the right side.
Step 4: Rotate the Video
In the story board, you can see many options to edit your video. Click on the rotate sign or press CTRL+R to rotate the video. Your video will rotate 90 degrees clockwise each time. And you can change video from portrait to landscape in windows 10.
Step 5: Finish and Save
After rotating, click “Finish video” from the top right of the screen. And then, select the quality and save your video in a suitable location. Thus, you can rotate a video in Video editor.
Method 2: With VLC Media player
Step 1: Download & Install
VLC media player is an open-source software. You can find it free. Download it from the internet and install it following the instructions.
Step 2: Rotate the Video
You need to follow some steps to rotate your video in VLC media player. Let’s start-
- Step 1: Open VLC media player and drag & drop your video. Or, click on the “Media” tab and then “Open file” to select your desired video. You can also right click on your desired video and select “Open with”. Then choose the VLC media player.
- Step 2: After loading the video, click on the pause button as it starts automatically.
- Step 3: Click to open “Tools” tab and then “Effects and Filters”.
- Step 4: A new window will appear. Here you should select “Video Effects”. After that, click on “Geometry”.
- Step 5: You will see various options with a checkbox. Select your preferable option from them. You may rotate your video by them. You can rotate your video by 90 degrees or any other angle you want.
- Step 6: After fixing the angle, click “Save” and then “Close”. Following these steps, you can rotate your video at a specified degree. But this is not permanent. Moreover, you can see your rotation only when playing the video with VLC media player. To fix this, you need to follow further steps.
- Step 7: Again, click on the “Tool” tab and then “Preferences” or press CTRL+P on your keyboard.
- Step 8: A new window will come with some options. At the bottom of this, you can see two options under “Show settings”. Select “All” between them.
- Step 9: Then, you will see a list. Scroll down and select “Sout Stream” under “Stream Output”.
- Step 10: Double click on “Sout Stream” option and select “Transcode”. You will see some options with checkboxes.
- Step 11: Mark the “Rotate Video Filter” and then click on “Save”.
- Step 12: Now, click on the “Media” tab again and choose “Convert / Save”. Then, a new window will appear.
- Step 13: Here, you can see the “+Add” option. Click on it and select your video which you want to convert.
- Step 14: Then click on the “Convert/ Save” and then “Browse” to choose the location where you want to save the converted video.
If you click on the “Start” option, the VLC media player will start to convert your video. But, when you play the video, you will find that your video has no sound. So, to avoid this problem, you need to follow some steps more:
- Step 15: Select the profile option from the dropdown box.
- Step 16: Then click on the tool icon on the right to edit the selected profile setting.
- Step 17: Click on the “Audio codec” tab.
- Step 18: Here, you will see a dropdown box. Select “MP3” from it. In this window, you can also set another option like “Bitrate”.
- Step 19: After that, click on “Save” to continue.
- Step 20: Fix the destination by clicking “Browse”
- Step 21: Now, you can click on the “Start” button to convert your video.
- Step 22: You can see the required time for conversion in the VLC media player screen.
Now, you can see your perfectly rotated video via the VLC media player in Windows 10. And can see your rotated video in any media player.
Note: After completing all of this, you should reset “preferences” from the preference tool.
Method 3: Using other Apps or From Internet
You can also use another app developed by “DVDVideoSoft” for free video flip and rotate. Here, you can rotate the video by 90 or 180 degrees. This app is quite user friendly and does not much place on the CPU.
You can also use free tools from the internet to rotate and convert your video. For online tools, you need to open them at first. Then, create an account (most of them are free) and sign in. After that, upload your video following the instructions.
Then, edit your video as you want and download the video after finishing it.
1.How do I rotate a video on my PC?
Ans: You can rotate your video directly from the default Video Editor app, which is a part of the Photos app. Simply add your video and make the necessary change according to your wish.
2.How do you change the orientation of a video in Windows Media Player?
Ans: Unfortunately, in Windows Media Player, no option is available to rotate the video. You can use the Video editor app, which is previously added in Windows 10.
3.How do I rotate video in Windows 10 movie maker?
Ans: Open the movie maker app. Then, click on “Add videos”. After adding your video, click on the rotate option until it is not correctly rotated from the right side of the ribbon.
- Make a copy before rotating your video.
- It is better not to use online tools because there is a chance of data theft.
- These methods are especially applicable to Windows 10. So, if you use other versions of Windows, these methods may not be fruitful.
I hope that you have learned how to rotate a video in windows 10. Now, you can rotate your video very easily. In this article, I have discussed several methods. You can choose your favorite way and use it to rotate and convert your memorable videos.
And one thing you should remember that if you need to change any option from the settings to edit your video, you should reset them after completing your work.