When your important messages are deleted unexpectedly, naturally you are upset to no end. In this article, we’re going to share how to recover deleted text messages without a computer.
To be honest, chances are very low to recover deleted text messages on Android without a backup. The success of recovery depends on several factors such as how much new data has been written to the device since the messages were deleted.
However, here are some methods you can try. It might work on your device to get back your deleted text messages.
How To Recover Deleted Messages on Android without Computer for Free
- Open The “Google Drive” app on your phone
- Touch On the three dots at the top left of the screen Choose “Backups” from the list
- It will show the list of available backup
- Tap on the back up to recover it
Recover Text Messages with Restore Deleted Text Messages App
- Open the “Restore Deleted Text Messages” App. Tap on
- A prompt will appear for you to allow the app to see and recover messages. Tap
- Afterwards, you will see the SMS backup file. Tap it open.
- Select the message you want to recover, then choose “Copy” to move it to your desired folder or “Recover” to restore it to your SMS inbox. This app also provides a data backup option for your convenience.
Recover Text Messages with Dr. Fone App
- Open the Dr. Fone app. Tap on
- Now tap on Messages Recovery.
- It will scan and show you the files that you have deleted. Select the messages you want to recover and you will get them back. You can back up messages on Google Drive with this app.
Recover Messages with GT SMS Recovery App
Note: This app requires root permission.
- Open the GT SMS Recovery app. Press on Start a new scan.
- It will ask for root permission. Tap on
- It will start scanning for deleted messages. After the messaging is done, you will see the list of messages. Select the messages you want to recover. Press Recover selected SMS on the bottom.
Your messages will be retrieved. You can also back up messages through this app.
Backup and Restore messages from Gmail with SMS Backup+ App
It would be great to back up messages in Gmail and access them whenever you need them, don’t you think? Well, with the SMS Backup+ app, you can do that now.
- Open the SMS Backup+ app. Tap
- Select a Gmail account.
- Allow the app to connect to your Gmail account.
- It will ask you if you want to back up SMS. Tap Backup.
- The backing up of SMS will start. It may take a while depending on how many messages you have.
- If you go to your Gmail account. You will see a new label SMS on the left bar. All the messages will be here.
- Make sure to turn on Auto Backup.
- Select the backup schedule.
- You will be able to restore them by tapping on Restore from the opening page.
Others Related Post: Discover What is Emulated Storage on Android How To Restore Deleted Icons On Android: Effective way to apply
Are the text messages lost permanently when deleted?
It depends on whether you have enabled the SMS backup application or not. When messages are deleted, Android keeps them stored in the phone memory. These messages can be overwritten with new data.
Can I backup messages in Gmail?
Yes, you can backup messages in Gmail. You need to install the SMS Backup+ app to do that. Then, you have to connect your Gmail account with the application. Then, you need to enable SMS backup.
So, if you have enabled the SMS backup option, it will be an easy and convenient process to restore those backups. Otherwise, there is less possibility to get back the deleted messages. Hopefully, the above method will work on your device to recover your deleted text messages.