Unfortunately, the Outlook app on Windows 10 doesn’t have a dedicated “Sign out” button. However, you can still remove your account from the app, which essentially logs you out. Here’s how:
- Open the Outlook app.
- Click on the File menu.
- Select “Info” from the left-hand pane.
- Click on “Account Settings” and then choose “Account Settings” again.
- Select the email account you want to remove and click on “Remove Account.”
- Click “Yes” to confirm.
Your account will now be removed from the Outlook app, and you’ll be logged out.
How to Sign Out of Outlook App on Windows 10 PC
- Search “Outlook” on the search bar of Windows 10.
- Click on the “File” menu from the top left side.
- From the left sidebar, choose the “Office Account” option.
4. Click on “Sign Out” and You are Done.
Alternative Way to Sign Out Outlook App on Windows 10 PC
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete
- You will now see a bunch of options such as Lock, Switch User, Sign Out, etc. Click on “Sign Out” to sign out of your Windows account.
If you want to sign in to your account again, you have to repeat the same steps mentioned above. That will enable you to use your Outlook account once again.
How to Protect Your Outlook Account From Others Without Signing Out?
Here’s how to create a user account for guest users or users other than you:
1. Search “Settings” on the search bar to enter Settings.
2. Click on “Accounts”.
3. From the left sidebar menu, choose “Family & other users”.
4. You can now “Add a family member” or “Add someone else to this PC”.
So, that’s how you can make a separate space for every user (be it family members or guests) on your computer.
How To Sign Out Of Outlook.com?
Now that you know how to sign out of the Outlook desktop app on Windows 10, let’s know how you can sign out from your Outlook account through Outlook.com:
- Open any browser from your Windows Computer, Mac, or iPad.
- Enter the URL of outlook.com, which is: outlook.live.com
- When the URL opens, look at the top right side of the webpage to find your profile icon.
- Click on the profile icon and you will see the “Sign Out” option.
- Click on Sign Out to get your account logged off from the Outlook web version.
Why I Can’t Sign Out of Outlook App on Windows 10?
Having multiple accounts signed into the Outlook app can restrict you from signing out. With the convenience of adding multiple email accounts, it’s easy to forget which ones are currently logged in. As a result, when you attempt to sign out, the app might get confused. As a result, you won’t be able to sign out.
On that note, you have to double-check that all accounts are logged out. If you go to the Outlook app’s main interface, you can click on your profile picture at the top right corner. From there, you can see multiple accounts listed on your device. You have to sign out of each one individually. Hopefully, it will fix that issue.
If you have enabled the auto-sync settings, it can be the reason to prevent you from getting signed out. Windows 10 allows you to sync various app data across devices for a seamless user experience. However, these sync settings might be conflicting with your attempts to sign out.
To fix this issue, you have to open the “Settings” app on your Windows 10 computer. Then, you can navigate to “Accounts”. After that, you should choose “Email & accounts.” From there you will find the “Manage” option. After that, you have to turn off the “Sync settings.” This action will disconnect your account’s synchronization.
If there are pending tasks or ongoing downloads associated with your account, you won’t be able to sign out. The app aims to safeguard your data and avoid potential data loss during active processes.
Don’t worry; here is a solution for you. Before you attempt to sign out, you need to wait until any downloads or synchronizations are complete. Is there anything getting uploaded on drafts? You have to discard them all. After getting your device free of pending tasks, you can sign out smoothly.
Important Notes to Remember
- Outlook Versions: Outlook 2013 and 2016 are desktop programs, while Outlook.com and Outlook Web are accessed through web browsers.
- Secure Access: Use Outlook.com and Outlook Web from browsers and remember to sign out for added security.
- Local Access Warning: Be cautious with Outlook 2013 and 2016 on your computer, as others using the same account can access your information. Create separate accounts for family and guests on the same PC to ensure security.
As we have mentioned in the beginning that there are different ways to sign out from Outlook, you now understand our reason for saying so. However, now that you know how to sign out of the Outlook app on Windows 10 from both PC and online versions, share this post with your friends so that they can sign out of their Outlook accounts to secure the privacy of their accounts.
Can I sign out of Outlook without closing the app?
A. Yes, you just need to click on your profile picture and then choose the “Sign Out” option.
What if I can’t find the sign-out option in Outlook?
A. In some versions, you can find the sign out option within the (three dots) menu. You need to click the ellipsis, and you’ll see the “Sign Out” option there.
Is there a keyboard shortcut to sign out quickly?
A. You can press “Alt + F4” together while in the Outlook app. This is the shortcut to sign out quickly.
Will signing out removes my emails and data from the app?
A. Nope, signing out won’t delete your data. You will get back your information after signing in again.
Can I sign out of multiple accounts at once?
A. Yes, you have to go to “File”. Then, you should click on “Office Account,” followed by “Switch Account”. It will show you the option to sign out of any additional accounts.