Android devices have taken the world by storm. This electronic device has made everything convenient for us. Before making the best use of our android devices, we must know some basic usage.
Learning to open the Obb file in android is one of such basics. Let’s take a glimpse at what are OBB files are and how to open OBB file in Android.
What Are OBB files?
The OBBs are Opaque Binary Blob files. They are primarily linked to Android gadgets. They store the excess information that is not saved on the Application Package or APK.
As APK can save only 100 MB of data, the excess information is stored in the OBB files. The JOBB tool in the Android Studio is used for extracting data from those files.
Can Obb opener open every sort of Obb files?
Even though an OBB opener is used to open OBB files, it is not possible to open every type of OBBs using one OBB opener. It is possible to use the ZIP or MP4 file format to make expansions of a file, but the JOBB tool can also be used to encrypt information in an OBB file.
Developers of Android devices also use Linux applications to create OBB files. One of these Linux applications is Obbtool. People who download these OBB files get the Application Package (APK) file and the extension as well. Whenever someone uploads an APK file using the Google Play Console, one or two expansion files can be added. These are the expansions that are called OBB.
What Are the Things that You Need to Install OBB Files?
Before installing, make sure that you have the necessary apps that are required to install it. Ensure that you have the following tools or apps on your android gadget before installation.
- Data folder
- Android device
- Application Package file
- External memory card
You can easily install the OBB file on your Android device if you have these apps. But before downloading the OBB file, please ensure that your laptop or computer is linked to your Android phone with a USB cable.
Installing an APK file on your device?
Now you need to install an APK file on your device. You need to follow the following procedures to download an APK file:
- Download the APK file on your Android device or phone’s external SD card.
- Check the phone’s external memory card and then click on the option that says “APK file”.
- The next step is to press on the “Install” option.
- It will take some time for the APK to be downloaded to your device.
- After the download is finished, the OBB file needs to be placed in the correct place.
To learn how to open an OBB file in Android, you need to first locate the OBB file in the correct place. Follow the steps below and find out more about OBB files.
- Once the OBB file has been downloaded as a ZIP file, you need to extract the information from the ZIP file.
- Transfer the folder that stores data to the External Storage of the SD card. Next, go to External Storage, and then go to Android. Finally, choose the option called “Data”.
- If you need to transfer an OBB file, then move the OBB file to the SD Card of your device. Then go to the Android option, and finally select “OBB”.
- If you have looked for the “OBB” file or the “Data” file and you cannot find it, then the folder may be created manually.
- Ensure that you have copied and pasted the files in the right way, to prevent further problems.
- Disconnect the Android phone from the laptop or PC by opening the USB cable.
- Run the downloaded APK on your device.
Now you know the twist and turns of the opening process. What’s next? There are some points that you have to remember further.
Things to Remember
First of all, try to understand the size of your compressed file. It’s important to keep space in your device and the size of your installed folder should be minimal. If the app that you are using utilizes greater space than 100 MB, then you can publish several APK files.
These APK files will only have the information required for the targeted screens. If you are publishing the file to Google Play, ensure that you upload an Android App Bundle, that includes the combined codes and resources.
- You also need to decide which app resources should be separated from your APK file. So that you can use them as an expansion.
- You need to ensure that the expansion files utilize the gadget’s shared storage location. The expansion folder should not be deleted, transferred, or renamed in any way. If there is no specific format required, then it is suggested to create ZIP folders for the expansion folder.
- If you are unable to find the apps on your Android phone, then check the App Licensing Service of Google Play to get the URLS of the expansion files and install them.
Many android users don’t know how to open Obb files. In this ever-changing world, it’s crucial to keep yourself updated with simple but necessary knowledge.
Ensure that you follow the above steps carefully if you are installing an OBB file for the first time. If you fail to open, find out which points you have missed. Then try again. Have a good day buddy!