Scanning multiple pages into one document might seem tough if you do not know How to Scan Multiple Pages into One PDF on Windows 10. If you are one of them who work with documents of many pages regularly, this post is going to help you.
However, it is not very easy to do this work for free. There are a few paid tools that offer you this. In this article, I am going to talk about the tools you need to have to do it along with other tips on different scanners for scanning multiple pages into one PDF. Let’s get started.
How to Scan Multiple Pages into One PDF on Windows 10 with PDFelement Pro Tool
When it comes to getting your document in a standard format, scanning them into pdf is great. PDF format is ideal because this format allows you and others to view the document with ease from mobile devices and computers as well without changing the font or format.
By the way, do you need to get your multiple pages scanned into one PDF format? Note that there are many Windows 10 scan to pdf tools to use for scanning multiple pages into one PDF. Among those PDFelement Pro is one of the best. Offered by Wondershare, it will help you to scan multiple pages into one pdf file.
Let’s see the features of the PDFelement Pro tool first and then see how it works.
Features of PDFelement Pro Tool:
- It helps to combine multiple pages into a single PDF file.
- It allows you to modify the pages, texts, and images, including every other element.
- It lets you create PDFs from the images, MS office documents, HTML files, and the scanner.
- It offers conversion of PDF files into texts, images, EPUB, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Word.
- The amazing OCR features will let you copy or edit any text from the PDFs that have scanned.
- It allows creating or filling out of PDF forms that contain lists, buttons, text fields, and many more.
Steps for Scanning Multiple Pages into one PDF using PDFelement Pro
- Download the latest version of the PDFelement Pro tool by clicking here.
- Install and then Launch the PDFelement Pro tool on your Windows 10 computer.
- Find the “Home” tab located right after the File tab. Click on this tab to see the options.
- Choose “From Scanner” from the available options in the home tab.
- Now a dialogue box titled “Create From Scanner” will pop up.
- Choose the available scanner that you would like to use.
- Make all the required settings and adjustments in your scanner.
- Click on “Scan” to get the process started.
- To scan more than one page, click on “Scan more pages (sheet2)“.
- Click on “Combine Files” in case you prefer scanning multiple pages into one PDF. And you are done.
How to Scan Multiple Pages Into One PDF on Windows 10 with Canon
With the help of Canon IJ Scan Utility, you can scan multiple pages into one PDF. However, this feature is available for MAXIFY and PIXMA Printers. Here are the steps you should follow to combine individually scanned files into a PDF file:
- Place the document page on the automatic document feeder or the glass surface. Put the appropriate size of paper into the feeder.
- Launch the IJ Scan Utility from your Windows 10 desktop or laptop. To Launch it, go to the search bar and then search for “IJ Scan Utility.” Select and then double-click to open.
- From the main interface of IJ Scan Utility, select “Settings.”
- From the left sidebar, choose “Document Scan” option. Now under the Save Settings section, set the Data Format Settings into “PDF (Multiple Pages).” Select OK to save the setting. Note that If you set the Data Format to “PDF” instead of “PDF (Multiple Pages),” each page will be saved separately in lieu of a being arranged in a combined PDF file.
- In case your scanner or printer model features an Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), you can also use that for scanning purposes. Choose either Document (ADF Simplex), ADF (Auto Duplex), or ADF (Manual Duplex). However, the ADF options might differ from model to model.
- To start the scanning process, select “Document.”
- Now the document will start scanning. When the scanning process of the document is done, you will see a scan complete dialogue box. To scan more pages, place the next page of the original document or the following document on the glass surface of the automatic document feeder and select “Scan.” When you complete scanning of all the pages, select “Exit.”
- To locate your PDF file, go to the “Documents” or “My Documents” folder. However, if you save another location in the Save Settings, go to that folder to find the PDF.
How to Scan Multiple Pages Into One PDF on Windows 10 with HP
If you have specific HP scanners, you can also scan multiple pages into one PDF. Here’s how to scan multiple pages into one pdf file with hp 7500 model:
- Download the required drivers and firmware from the HP Printer website.
- Install the printer software and then restart your computer. Sign in to complete the installation process and proceed to scan.
- Open the Printer Assistant Shortcut or Solution Center shortcut.
- Click on “Scan a Document” or “Scan a Photo” as per the feature of your model.
- Choose Document to File >Save as PDF.
- Select the Scanning size as Letter of A4 or choose the Entire Scan Area. Make sure that the resolution is less than or equal to 300 DPI
- Check the scan preview.
- Now select the flatbed glass or document feed as loaded.
- Go to Advanced Settings now. Find the “Document to File” option. Select the tab File.
- Now clear or uncheck the “Create a separate file for each scanned page” option.
- Choose the tab destination and enter the base file name.
- Select or browse the location where you want the scanned files to be saved.
- Select OK to close and exit the Advanced Settings.
- Place the document appropriately on the flatbed scanner or printer glass.
- Select “Scan.”
- Remove the first page from the glass when the scanning is done. However, do not click on Save at this stage.
- Place the next page on the glass. Click on the very small and nearly invisible “+” sign to scan the second document.
- Do the same for the next pages by clicking “+.”
- When you are done scanning all the pages, click on “Save” and then give a name for the combined document.
- Click on Save and then on Done to complete the process.
How To Scan Multiple Pages Into One File Using Windows Fax And Scan
If you are looking for using Windows 10 Fax and Scan multiple pages by flatbed scanners or printers, you should know that the Fax and Scan app built-in on Windows 10 computer is a very basic one. You can not directly scan multiple pages into one file with this app by flatbed scanners or printers. However, though it is incapable of doing multiple or continuous scans, there is a way that you can manually apply to merge files into one folder. Here’s how to do it:
- Highlight or mark the files you want to merge from all the scanned files.
- From the menu, select “File.”
- Choose the “Move to Folder” option.
- Select “Documents.”
- And now finally select “OK” to get the work done.
Along with the ways mentioned above, there are also other tools like Naps 2 that you can use to scan multiple pages into one PDF. However, we hope that now you know how to scan multiple pages into one pdf on windows 10 with HP, Canon, and other printers or scanners using third-party tools like Filmora PDFelement Pro.