HP printers are excellent devices in scanning documents and images, aren’t they? Still, many people succumb to an unraveling maze to find out the process.
If you have one of them but are not sure how to scan from HP printer to computer Windows 10, this article will be insightful for you.
Here we will explain how to scan photos or documents from an HP Printer to your computer following some simple steps. No matter what kind of HP printer you have, these simple steps will guide you to scan from your computer. Stay tuned till the end.
Prepare Your Printer
Before starting the primary process, you have to make sure that and all the protective materials are removed and your printer is appropriately installed and connected. If your printer is not prepared yet, then follow the instructions:
- Unbox it, check outside of the printer and remove all the protective materials.
- Give the power connection to the printer via the power cord and turn on the printer by pressing the power button.
- Now, pull outside the paper tray or set the paper stack and put the paper on it between two plastic sliders.
After turning your printer on, you need to establish a connection between your computer and printer then install cartridges and Required software. This will enable you to scan your photos or documents from it. Follow the steps below carefully.
Step 1: Cartridge Installation
Your first job is to check out installed cartridges or install them manually. Installing cartridges is very easy. Just you have to place it at the proper ports. Firstly, read the user manual and find the cartridge holder in your printer and follow the instructions below:
- Unpack the cartridge from its package
- Remove the plastic tap from the cartridges.
- Hold the ink cartridges according to towards the printer
- Insert the black cartridge into the right-hand side cartridge holder.
- Then insert the tri-color cartridge into the left-hand side cartridge holder.
- Close the ink cartridge access door of the printer.
Step 2: Connect Printer To The Computer
You can connect to your PC via WiFi or USB. If your printer version supports wifi, then go to settings and hit the WiFi icon. Select the wireless installation and follow the instructions display on the screen.
Nevertheless, If your printer doesn’t support WiFi or a WiFi connection is unavailable, you need to connect your printer directly to your computer via USB cable. Plug the USB-A into your computer and plug the USB-B into the printer.
Step 3: Install The Hp Smart App
- Open Microsoft Store and search HP Smart app or go to HP Smart App and get the app.
- Then click on ‘Install.’ Open the HP Smart app when the installation completes. Give the required permissions to the app to collect data usage.
Now you have to create an HP account and login into your account if you don’t have any arrangements with them. After that, the app will search your printer automatically, which is already connected with your computer. Continue and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Step 4: Scan Document From Printer To Your Computer
Congrats, now you can scan from your printer to your computer. To scan documents, follow the instructions:
- open the HP Smart app
- Click on the ‘Scan’ on the home screen, and select Scanner from the top menu bar.
- Place the original document on the glass of the scanner and select scanning preferences.
- Click on the scan at the lower right corner of the window.
- After the scan completes, you will see a preview window.
You can add another document page to your scan, rename the file or file type, and edit the scanned document from the preview window.
If you wish to save the scanned document on your computer, click on the Save button from the preview menu. You can save your paper on the default location or browse to a different folder.
Besides, you can also print, share and Fax your document from the preview window.
Step 5. Turn Off The Printer After Using
This one is the final and essential step. You have to turn off the printer using the power button because if you leave your printer on, the printer will automatically turn off. But this is not something good for your printer’s health.
That’s why we recommend turning it off properly to keep your print-head protected.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Now let us learn what queries may come to your mind regarding the process. Let’s see if you come across any of these or not. If these common concerns occur with you, the troubleshooting process shall be all the same as the answers.
1. How to solve printing problems in my HP printer?
You can download HP Print and Scan Doctor from the HP Customer support page. After the download completes, click on the HPPSdr.exe file to open the troubleshooter.
Now click on the Start and select ‘The printer doesn’t scan. Select the fix scanning option. After a while, the troubleshooter will tell you if it detected or fixed any error. After that, Follow the on-screen instructions provided by the troubleshooter.
2. How do I scan a document and upload it to my computer?
Open the HP Smart app>click on Scan>Select scan to get started. After the scan completes, a preview window will be displayed. Now, click on ‘Share’ and save or upload the scan in your cloud storage.
3. How do I scan documents into my computer?
As in 2 above, Open the HP Smart app>click on Scan>Select scan to get started. After the scan completes, a preview window will be displayed. Now, click on ‘Save’ and save on your computer.
4. Why won’t my scanner connect to my computer?
Check the cords and connector cable and plug out and again plug in firmly at both ends. You can try using another connector USB cable.
If you are using a wireless connection, then check the router. Try restarting the router.
It’s easy to connect and scan from a printer cum scanner. You just need the proper knowledge and a bit of technical work. Follow the steps described above, and you will be able to scan documents or photos from your Hp printer to your computer very quickly.
Alternatively, If somehow you can’t scan your documents or face any printing-related problems, you can always get the HP Support Assistant online. You can also install a driver software called ‘ HP Printer Assistant’ to get support from HP directly. However, following the process mentioned above will ensure the possibility of failing to scan to nearly zero, and you don’t need to be a technician to serve it.